JetBrains is a cutting-edge software vendor specializing in the creation of intelligent development tools, including IntelliJ IDEA – the leading Java IDE, and the Kotlin programming language.
Key Features of JetBrains:
- AppCode – AppCode is an IDE primarily targeting development for Apple platforms like macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. It supports programming in C, C++, Objective-C and Swift. Unlike most JetBrains products that are cross-platform, AppCode is only available for macOS.
- CLion – CLion (pronounced “sea lion”) is a cross-platform C and C++ IDE for Linux, macOS, and Windows integrated with the CMake build system. The initial version supports GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and Clang compilers and GDB debugger, LLDB and Google Test. In addition to C and C++, CLion supports other language either directly or via plugins: Kotlin, Python, Rust, Swift and others.
- DataGrip – DataGrip is a cross-platform DBA tool which is aimed at developers who work with SQL databases. It has built-in drivers that support the following vendors: Amazon Redshift, Apache Cassandra, Apache Derby, Apache Hive, Azure SQL Database, ClickHouse, Exasol, Greenplum, H2, HSQLDB, IBM Db2, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, SQLite, Sybase ASE, and Vertica.
- GoLand – GoLand is a cross-platform IDE aimed at providing an ergonomic environment for Go development. The new IDE extends the IntelliJ platform with the coding assistance and tool integration specific for the Go language.
- IntelliJ IDEA – IntelliJ IDEA was JetBrains’s first IDE. It is cross-platform and is primarily aimed at JVM-based technologies such as Java, Groovy, Kotlin, and Scala, but it also supports Java EE and web development. An open-source version is available under the name IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition, and a proprietary version as IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition. IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition can be made to include the feature set of PhpStorm, PyCharm and RubyMine via plugins.
- PhpStorm – PhpStorm is a cross-platform IDE for PHP and web development. It supports PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4.
- PyCharm – PyCharm is a cross-platform IDE that is primarily targeted for Python and web development. An open-source version is available as PyCharm Community Edition, and a proprietary version as PyCharm Professional Edition. A particular version called PyCharm Edu is based on PyCharm aimed specifically at learning programming with Python.
- Rider – Rider is a cross-platform IDE intended for C# and .NET development that comes with ReSharper functionality built-in.
- RubyMine – RubyMine is a cross-platform IDE that supports Ruby, Ruby on Rails and web development.
- ReSharper Ultimate – ReSharper Ultimate is a group of products containing the award-winning ReSharper plugin for Visual Studio, dotCover, a code coverage tool, dotMemory, a memory profiler, dotTrace, a performance profiler and dotPeek, a disassembler. ReSharper provides a series of features for Visual Studio developers including code analysis, refactoring, navigation, test runner, build runner and more.
- MPS – MPS (Meta Programming System) is an open-source language workbench that focuses on Domain-specific Languages (DSLs). It leverages project editing instead of classical textual editing offering natural language composition, multiple code visualizations as well as various non-textual notations for DSL designers. MPS comes with its code generation engine, which can be used to provide semantics for MPS-based DSLs. In addition to editor and generator declaration, MPS provides the possibility to capture information about other language aspects like type-system, constraints, data flow, and others.
- Hub – Hub is a free JetBrains Team Tools connector. It enables advanced integration between JetBrains team collaboration tools: YouTrack, Upsource, Teamcity. A user can log in once in Hub and stay authenticated in all JetBrains tools throughout. Hub also manages a single database of users, groups, roles, permissions, projects, and shares it among all connected YouTrack and Upsource installations. It provides a Dashboard to track issues, commits, build status and more data from YouTrack, TeamCity and Upsource.
- TeamCity – TeamCity is a continuous integration and continuous delivery server developed by JetBrains. It is a server-based web application written in Java. TeamCity is proprietary commercial software with a Freemium license for up to 20 build configurations and three free build agents.
- YouTrack – YouTrack is a proprietary, commercial web-based bug tracker, issue tracking system, and agile project management software developed by JetBrains. It focuses on development teams, providing them with query-based issue search with auto-completion, manipulating issues in batches, extended keyboard-shortcuts support, customizing the set of issue attributes, and creating custom workflows. YouTrack provides support for both Scrum and Kanban methodologies and allows developers to follow a custom process.
- Datalore – Datalore is an intelligent web application for data analysis and visualization, which is explicitly focused on the machine learning environment in Python.
- Toolbox App – Toolbox App is an application that facilitates easy installation and uninstallation of JetBrains IDEs. It allows users to log in with a JetBrains account and install all of the products they own.
System Requirement: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
|How to get JetBrains for free:|
Step 1: Visit the giveaways website of JetBrains and click into Apply now.
Step 2: Create a JetBrains account with email student (the type of mail .edu)
Step 2: Check your inbox with the Email you registered above will receive a message of JetBrains send you to confirm that request a free license yourself.
Step 4: After completing the creation of a JetBrains account, fill in some information such as First Name, Last Name, Username, Password, Repeat Password and click into Submit.
Step 5: You log into your account JetBrains and get the license and download link to install it on your computer!
Note: Student email is required (the type of mail .edu)