G Data Antivirus is a complete PC security suite and has earned a place in our roundup of the best antivirus software. Despite being G Data’s entry-level antivirus software, it protects from exploits, anti-ransomware, URL filtering, spam filtering, and a dedicated browser that gives safety to online banking, shopping and any other financial transactions.
The program uses several technologies to keep you safe, including its virus scanning engine. Also included is the Bitdefender engine, and a CYREN-based layer that can detect outbreaks instantly.
Key Features of G DATA Antivirus:
- Virus scanner – Put your trust in the highest detection rates with technologies working in parallel.
- Behaviour monitoring – Protect yourself against even unknown malware. G DATA Antivirus detects this from its conspicuous behaviour.
- Email scanning – Scans incoming email and attachments for suspicious content. Dangers are recognised before anything has happened.
- Exploit protection – Protects your computer against criminals exploiting security holes in Office applications and PDF readers, for example.
- G DATA BankGuard – Our patented technology secures your browser against manipulation by data thieves – for secure online banking and shopping.
- Anti-Ransomware – No opportunity for extortion Trojans – we stop criminals encrypting your files.
- USB Keyboard Guard – Protects you against manipulated USB devices that pretend to be keyboards, even though they look like USB sticks or external hard drives.
- Update Management – Specify when and where your PC loads updates. That helps you avoid additional costs, by logging into a third-party WLAN, for example.
System Requirement: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
|Instructions install and activated G DATA Antivirus for free:|
Step 1: Download the file G DATA Antivirus 2014 and install it on your computer, then restart the computer.
Step 2: After the computer restarts, download the file G DATA Antivirus 2020 Offline or G DATA Antivirus 2020 Online and install it on your computer to upgrade the previously installed version, as well as select the language you want to install on the computer.
Step 3: Once again, reboot your computer after upgrading to the version 2020 and click into update G DATA Antivirus 2020 is complete.